Monday, October 12, 2009

FIGHT LIKE A GIRL !




I'M WRITING THIS BLOG BECAUSE OCTOBER IS BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH! THIS IS A VERY BIG SUBJECT TO ME BECAUSE I HAVE HAD ONE AUNT SURVIVE BREAST CANCER AND ONE AUNT DIE FROM IT! MY AUNT TONI DIED AT AGE 47, FOUR YEARS AGO! IT STARTED WITH JUST BREAST CANCER AND THE CANCER JUST SPREAD THROUGHOUT HER BODY. IT WAS SO QUICK, WITHIN A BLINK OF AN EYE SHE WAS GONE! IT WAS A VERY HARD HARD TIME IN MY LIFE! LETTING HER GO WAS THE HARDEST THING I HAD GONE THROUGH AT THAT TIME! I AM VERY THANKFUL THAT I HAVE THE MEMORIES WE MADE STILL FRESH IN MY MIND! SHE WAS SUCH A CHEERFUL PERSON! SHE WAS ALWAYS LAUGHING AND CUTTIN' UP AND JUST MAKING EVERYONE SMILE. SHE WAS THAT  PERSON YOU COULD GO TO AND TALK WITH ABOUT ANYTHING. I WILL NEVER FORGET HER SMILE AND THAT WINK! SHE WAS ONE AMAZING WOMAN THAT I ADMIRE AND MISS SO VERY MUCH! I WAS IN COLLEGE THAT LAST YEAR OF HER LIFE, BUT EVERY WEEKEND THAT I WENT HOME, I WOULD STOP BY AND VISIT WITH HER FOR HOURS UPON HOURS! I THANK GOD THAT I GOT TO ENJOY THOSE PRICELESS MOMENTS THAT I WILL NEVER FOGET WITH HER! AUNT TONI WAS ONE STRONG WOMAN AND SHE DID FIGHT LIKE A GIRL! SHE FAUGHT TIL THE END! THERE IS NOT ONE DAY THAT GOES BY THAT I DONT THINK OF HER AND WISH SHE WAS STILL HERE WITH US! I KNOW SHES NOT IN ANY MORE PAIN AND SHES UP THERE IN HEAVEN LOOKIN AFTER US AND GIVIN US THAT WINK ! THANK YOU AUNT TONI FOR SHOWING ME HOW TO ENJOY LIFE EVEN THROUGH THE HARD TIMES! THANK YOU GOD FOR REMINDING ME TO ENJOY AND TREASURE EVERY MOMENT I GET WITH MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS! 


A FEW STATS FOR YOU:

  • One in 8 women will develop breast cancer during her lifetime.






  • More than 180,000 women in the United States are diagnosed with breast cancer each year.






  • Breast cancer is the second most common cancer in women, after skin cancer.






  • Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in women, after lung cancer. 






  • Breast cancer kills approximately 41,000 women in the United States each year.






  • Breast cancer is not one of the leading causes of death in women in general, but it is the leading cause of death in American women ages 40-55.






  • The incidence of breast cancer has more than doubled in the past 30 years. In 1964, the lifetime risk was 1 in 20; today it is 1 in 8.






  • The most important risk factor for breast cancer is being female.












  • 1 comment:

    1. im so glad you wrote that. there is not a day that goes by that i dont think of her either! she was a very special woman to alot of people and i am so thankful that i have all the memories that i have of her too! i could talk for hours about all the things i remember about her!!! you know how i feel!! thank you for writing it!! love you, amanda

      ReplyDelete